Getting Top Quality Backlinks The Google Way
“Content is King” is a frequently repeated saying that acknowledges the importance of pertinent and novel content on web sites. The reality of this phrase is emphasized by Google’s continuous efforts to improve search algorithms to deliver results that best fit the client’s expectations. Google assesses the merit of websites by the volume and the quality of links that point to them. Though it isn’t difficult to get any number of incoming links, links from quality Websites can only be obtained through beneficial content.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for desired page ranking and hits on websites. SEO techniques are continuously evolving to enhance the results. You should also pay attention to the recommendations of Google to optimize your Website for more customers, increased revenue, and increased brand power.
What does Google recommend for Search Engine Optimization?
Google’s Webmaster Guide talks about the importance of back links building strategies for SEO. Link-based analysis used to determine a Website’s reputation involves the quality estimation of sites that connect to it. Websites with higher number of high quality back-links are given a higher page rank. Google has the expertise to pick out websites that consist of genuinely meaningful web pages and natural back-links. It also does not appreciate an abrupt spike in back-links as this is usually the outcome of artificial or commercial efforts. Websites that display a gradual rise in inbound links that originate from different IP addresses and name servers are favored.
What type of back-links win points with Google?
Google advices Website administrators to shun back-links from spammy link farms and excessive link bartering as this may bring disrepute to your Website. Registering on less important web directories and websites that are not pertinent to your line of business contributes nothing to your PageRank. The one solution to get organic back-links is to develop content that is relevant to customers. This alone would encourages other Websites to link to it.
Matt Cutts of Google’s search quality group suggests a few straightforward strategies to get back-links that matter:
- Participate in blogs and forums: Be an active participant of subject oriented forums and blogs. Generate writing pieces and tutorials that impart genuine information to customers. If you have something of value to offer, comment on other posts and give people the advantage of your expertise and practice. Work towards achieving an authoritarian standing.
- Write a blog and make posts more accessible: Send out bulletins to frequent blog participants so that information is easier to access.
- Novel content: The cyberspace is bursting with similar content. If you make the effort to develop original articles or blog posts or talk about an unusual issue, you arouse curiosity.
- Social media networking: Become a frequent and interactive participant of social media Websites that include groups of information seekers and niche audiences that can take advantage of your knowledgeable inputs and turn into loyal patrons.
- Simple Website design: Simple navigation is an important characteristic of website design. Make sure all web pages are easy to get to and can be opened through direct links and bookmarks.
- Register in directories: Plan on registering your Website in quality directories. Focus on those that have a high PageRank (3 or 4 at least) and do not get reviewed by programs but humans. A few of these directories are Yahoo!, Business(dot)com, DMOZ, whatUseek, etc.
Clearly, for effective SEO and resulting high page rank, your attention should be on superior back-links rather than volume. This can be done by publishing content that holds patrons’ attention because of its authenticity, value and relevance to their requirements.
Related Posts :
The Importance of Free Search Engine Submission
Generate Targeted Web Traffic In 4 Simple Steps
Use SEO Gaffer for Expert Advertising, Marketing & SEO Articles and Resources
Internet Marketing: Mini-Sites versus Authority Sites
Effective Tips On Smart Web Design